Good bathroom renovation can be provided only with high-quality materials. A ceramic tile is an excellent option for any bathroom. But which tile to choose? Let’s analyze everything steps by step. You should pay attention to the tile material. Tiles of different sizes can visually increase or decrease the room.
Here are the most popular options for facing materials for the bathroom:
- Mosaic - one of the most popular and expensive option. It can be made of glass, marble or tile. The product is suitable for the floor and walls;
- Standard ceramic tile is a medium-sized facing material, up to 8 x 8 inches. It’s a very common option for bathrooms. Such tiles are easy to install, affordable, and any design can be implemented using medium-sized tiles.
- Large tiles are used less frequently in bathrooms. The surface must be perfectly flat to set the tiles. If the bathroom is spacious, then a large tile will look very good. But it’s less suitable for smaller rooms;
- Large decorative elements are a separate item because this kind of decor has dimensions of over 12 inches and looks like independent inserts.
What are the forms of tiles?
The modern market is ready to provide the buyer with a huge selection of all kinds of tiles. If you have an idea that requires the purchase of a non-standard tile, then you will need to know exactly the sizes and shapes of the material. Pay attention to accepted standards for the size of ceramic tiles:
- Small: from 0.4 to 2 inches in length and width;
- Medium: 2.4x2.4, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 8x8;
- Large: 12x12 and above.
Interesting bathroom tiles design ideas
If you want to beautifully decorate your bathroom, then you should take a closer look and purchase the right tile type. Pay attention to some interesting collections. Let us take as an example a few ideas that will help to emphasize the interior design:
- It’s not necessary to use only one product size. You can combine different sizes in several ways;
- Decorate the floor and wall tiles with interesting elements of decor;
- Don’t select plain tiles only of a standard format. Brighten up your bathroom with hexagonal tiles or an unusual color combination solution;
- Pick up a mosaic tile made under the puzzle and place the whole picture in the bathroom.
- Use a glass tile to make the bathroom bigger visually.
In addition to such complex solutions, you can choose simpler ones that will be much cheaper than the above options. Use a photo tile. It’s usually medium-sized. You can choose any pattern and transfer it on the tile using digital printing. The method is popular among buyers.
We install the bathroom tiles in Vancouver, Coquitlam, Burnaby and in Whistler. If you live in British Columbia, you can order a free estimate. Our specialist will make preliminary calculations. The budget will be include the necessary amount of the tiles and the consumables.